Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Who is this guy?

Yeah this is an interesting question.
As every human being, i have a long story behind me, my past is made from the choices i made, and these choices, conscious or unconscious make me the person who i am now, so there is a lot to say about it, but i will not bother you with these kind of story (yet).

By the way briefly, i grew up in Italy, in a place called Cinisello Balsamo.
It’s not a famous place, so i don’t expect you know anything about it, but i can say is a kind of city not far from Milan, but still part of the suburb area.

I had nice time when i was a kid and less easy in a psychological way, growing up due to family’s issues.
I always felt as i wasn’t born in the right place or the right moment, i was feeling different, but maybe because anyone on the world is different, but maybe this issue was made by my mind who wanted feeling “special”.


At school i discovered Literature and Philosophy, instead Psychology a discovered a bit by myself, reading books i was feeling interesting about it.
After high school i needed to decide about my future, but when you have to make this kind of decisions it might be, that your life didn’t give you enough experience yet to make the right decision.
So i ended up deciding to study Economics Business and Administration in Bicocca's University in Milan.
At that moment i was feeling that choice was the the right decision for me, based not on what i like, but based on what the society decide for you.
I was feeling in trap, i wanted to be more independent, so i decided to study a major who could easily lead you to find a job, earn my own money and finding my own way.
At this point the decision was been made. I was studying without enjoying it, feeling not interested at all in what the professors were teaching me.
I was feeling frustrated, and BAM. The economical crisis hit Europe, and also in Italy the unemployment rate increased, the wages were not paying for the knowledge you could achieve through the university, so for many various reasons i felt even less motivated.

I ended up finding couple of books that helped me quite a lot. 
The crucial part was: my "not motivation", so when i found this book called “ 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself”, ( and i vivid recommend also the other Steve Chandler's books) i decided to buy it, hoping it could help to motivate myself and let me keep on going with my studies.
The things is, as part of my behaviour, as part of myself, i hate and i can’t stop and leave something incomplete. 
So also if after one year i discovered that what i was studying was not enjoyable and not interesting, i couldn’t decide to stop my study there and choose another path.

Two were the reasons, the first was: in my philosophy, i always felt the time is really important, much more important than money.
A small example is: if you spend one year studying something, and after you quit, you waste one year of your life without achieving anything, (i can make a small distortion about this concept now, but before that was my way of thinking, and the small difference now, i would say, you don’t waste your time, because anyway you meet people and you will experience things that make you the person that you will be). So in my philosophy the time you “wasted” will never come back, no one is able to give you back your time, instead,if we make a small comparison with money, well the money that you can loose, or you waste somewhere, you can always be able to get it back, even if it will take time or energy, but is something that you can get it back. 
But not the time, the time will never come back to you.
That’s why i couldn’t stop what i was studying leaving something incomplete and surrounding myself on it, and that’s why i decided to continue studying something i didn’t like it.
The second reason was also important, actually there was nothing on my mind important enough to make the change possible. 
Ok i was really interested in Psychology, but still confused about what many people used to say about it, making examples of so many Psychology's
 students who were grasping to find a job.
By the way, i was thirsty of independence, so i kept on going on my way, and the book i mentioned before it really helped me.
Actually the motivation who i achieved through the book was so great that made me start to change myself, i was enjoying the book’s suggestions, and step by step i started to improve myself, at the same time, this motivation and this changing, made me more conscious about my inner side, my limits, and the way how overcome these limits.

That's how I manage to finish faster my studies and why I decided to jump in another continent.
I was looking for independence, I wanted a new challenge which was help me to grow and improve myself.
That's why I decided to go in Australia, with the conscious goal to improve my English, and the unconscious one to become a new person.



Australia gave me more of that, maybe wasn't Australia but the people who I met in my path, maybe was also me, who I was looking for something, and just due to a different environment make me change step by step even more.
And the end of one chapter, is just the start of the next one, that's how I started to travel, after my Working Holiday Visa in Australia expired, that's how i started to meet different people with great ideas, with awesome way to travel, keeping myself open to change, open to improve, open to grow!
That’s is where i am now.



I would like to say that i am nowhere, and at the same time i'm everywhere, with many ideas on my mind, with, many things i would like to do, and and only one life to live.


Hopefully one life will be enough, probably not, but until i will enjoy every day and every moment, i am sure i will be happy also with only one life to be lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment